City of Rogers Proudly Celebrates
National Hispanic Heritage Month
The Rogers community is vibrant, diverse, and cohesive. Celebrate this diversity with us during National Hispanic Heritage month. There will be lots of events highlighting Hispanic businesses and partners you can discover, support, and visit!
Here’s a look at how you can get involved:
September Art on the Bricks
We’re kicking off Hispanic Heritage month with Art on the Bricks Art Walk on September 14, 2023. Head to downtown rogers where art and music by regional artists of Hispanic decent will be featured. Mark your calendars and enjoy the art come to life:
- Exhibition and live painting by David Gomez at The Music Depot.
- Art exhibit by Pinturas Helguera LLC, from Conway, Arkansas. Meet the artist Isaac Helguera at Envision Nutrition.
- Live performances by students from Arkansas Arts Academy.
- Community Creation Stations for your family to create art for the NW Arkansas Love Project.
- Visit the All-Member Show hosted by Artists of Northwest Arkansas
More than a dozen galleries, shops and restaurants will partner with area artists to highlight the creative talent of members of our community. See you there!
NWA Community Showcase
The NWA Community Showcase presented by Pepsico is Rogers Lowell Chamber’s free Downtown Rogers event celebrating our inclusive and welcoming community with fun, multicultural experiences for all ages.
- Entertainment: Enjoy singing, dancing and artistical performances throughout the day on Butterfield Stage.
- Arts & Culture: Explore exhibits by Art on the Bricks artists, live art demonstrations, free caricatures, make-your-own art station, face painting, photo booth selfies, temporary tattoos, and other fun, family activities.
- Foodie Adventure: Taste a variety of delicious cultural foods, free non-alcoholic drinks, and snacks from PepsiCo, restaurant sampling, and the popular Battle of the Chefs competition.
- Outdoor Fun: Discover the new Playard for kids at Railyard Park, family games like the Corn Hole Toss, and the inaugural Kids & Pets Parade with fun awards, prizes, and giveaways for participants.
- Marketplace: Get to know new places to shop by meeting our community’s diverse group of small businesses and entrepreneurs. They’ll be exhibiting their products and services in fun ways including games and giveaways. Show your support by shopping local – #shopnwa.
Experience National Hispanic Heritage Month through FOOD! Destination Rogers is your roadmap for all things authentic and delicious!
Consider this your roadmap through the Rogers-Lowell areas authentic street tacos and gourmet taco eateries. Stops include local hot-spots and well-known chain restaurants serving the areas must have tacos for those on a mission to accomplish the greater things in life and well taco ’bout an appetite.
Rafael, The co-owner of Gaby’s Bakery, which is named after his wife and business partner, has operated the business for nearly a decade in Rogers. Their recipes are influenced by Mexican culture and they also offer Salvadorian-inspired bread and traditional Mexican croissants filled with queso fresco.
Rafael Rios is founder and executive chef of Yeyo’s Mezcaleria y Taqueria, the third business in the group of Rios Family-owned restaurants. From Elote and Refritos to the suadero taco, the food will have you coming back for more. The Rios family is making a difference by integrating into the community and hospitality industry in Northwest Arkansas.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is from September 15 – October 15. Celebrate in #RogersArkansas with us as we support our community. It all starts with a visit to your destination for fun events, good food, and diverse culture. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all things Rogers.