25 Things to Do in Rogers
#8: Splash Park
The Splash Park is the perfect place to cool off on those hot days and it is free! Located adjacent to the Rogers Activity Center (RAC), the park features 10 in ground sprinklers, three water buckets and two movable water cannons. If you are looking for an all-day adventure that is better suited for all ages, then you need to visit the Rogers Aquatics Center.
Tips for a Fun Splash Park Trip
- The Splash Park is mostly geared for ages 1 to 8 years old.
- There are a few benches to sit on inside the fenced area, but they can fill up fast so it might be a good idea to pack a chair as well.
- Pack a snack and plenty of water for those hot days.
- The area is not shaded, so bring extra sunscreen or wear a sun shirt.
- If the water is not on, cover the black knob on the railroad crossing sign with your hands and the water comes on!
Other Fun Stuff
Just south of the Splash Park is the Skate Park. Kids love to watch the “big” kids skateboard or do tricks on their BMX bikes here. There is also a playground in the same vicinity along with restrooms and changing area. If you’re lucky, you’ll be there when the ice cream truck makes a visit, so bring some cash just in case or Keep Cool in Rogers by supporting local businesses. The frozen treat provides a nice break from the water! The area is also know for the murals at the skatepark, sidewalks, and throughout the entire park. You can also make a day of checking out all the murals in Rogers!
Hours and Directions
The Rogers Splash Park is adjacent to the Rogers Activity Center at 315 W. Olive in downtown Rogers and is open 9am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Foot traffic only at the Splash Park – no skates, bicycles, skateboards, or other “wheeled” conveyances allowed in the Splash Park.