25 Things to Do in Rogers #17:
Rogers Public LibraryAudio books, e-books, and reservations for in-house services and computer use now available!
Since 1904, the Rogers Public Library has provided books to area residents, young and old alike. Now in a different location with more room, the library houses over 150,000 books, electronic items, multimedia items, computers, and more. With departments, activities and events geared toward children, teens, and adults, the Rogers Public Library is yet another place to add to the growing list of 25 things to do in Rogers.
Activities and Events for Children
The Walmart Children’s Library is full of books, puzzles, and activities for kids, as well as resources for parents. From the moment you walk in, be mesmerized by fish in the aquarium, sitting areas, and décor geared for all ages. A trip to the library means loading up on books for both leisure and education. Every month the library has a calendar available, outlining all the events for that month. Regular events include the following:
- Preschool Storytime – Geared toward ages 3-5, kids can come and enjoy stories, songs, rhymes, and craft time.
- Toddler Storytime – Geared toward ages 2-3, kids can enjoy books and crafting.
- Babies, Bubbles, and Books! – Geared toward babies to 24 months old, guests enjoy songs, rhymes, bubbles, stories, and bouncing.
- Babies Play 2 Learn – This is an interactive story time for babies to 24 months, and it involves songs, rhymes, bubbles, and sensory play.
- Reading Adventures with Scout – Scout, a Mastiff, loves to listen to stories. Scout and his owner, Wendy, will listen to kids practice reading skills.
- Krafty Kidz – For ages 5-12, kids will enjoy getting their craft on.
- Block Party! – Kids, ages 0-12, who love LEGO® and Duplo®, will love getting together with other kids to build to their hearts’ content.
- Saturday Surprise – Kids, ages 3-12, get to craft and create.
- Expert Hour – An educational program for kids, ages 5-12, with learning activities around the subjects of art, science, music, and more.
- Gamers and Makers – Kids, ages 8-12, can enjoy their favorite video games, connect with other gamers, and create a cool craft!
Activities and Events for Teens
- Teen Scene – Teens are encouraged to come hang out, maybe try a craft, watch a movie, or join the Gamers Club or Anime Club. Just come and enjoy, make some new friends!
- Teen Writers Group – Teens between the ages of 13-18, who love to write, can learn and write amongst their peers.
- Crafty Teen Crew – Teens can get their craft on too!
- Teen Podcasting Program
Activities and Events for Adults
- Serendipity Book Club
- RPL Adult Programming Computer Class – This is drop-in for computer and tech assistance.
- Scrappy Ladies – Quilters – Love to sew? This might be just the gathering for you.
Activities and Events for All Ages
- Tales, Myths & Fables – All ages are welcome to come and enjoy stories and crafts.
- Family Storytime – Stories and crafts are in abundance at this weekly event.
- Colorin, Colorado – Spanish Storytime – All ages are welcome for stories and crafting.
Of course, there are seasonal and special events, as well. In fact, fall is an especially fun time at the library.
- November – International Game Day
- Mid-morning – All ages are welcome to enjoy playing board games.
- Early-afternoon – Ages 5 and up can enjoy playing that favorite game… BINGO.
- December – Polar ExpressNight
- Late-afternoon – The movie will be playing, games and crafts will be available, and of course, snacks! All ages are welcome.
Want to know specific times and rooms for the events listed above? You can find all the details on the Rogers Public Library event calendar. And even if you are not looking for a specific event, the library is still a great place to go to just relax with a good book, maybe use the complimentary Wi-Fi, or play a great game of Checkers.